As a developer of a number of open-source projects, I was fortunate enough to be eligible for an OSS licensed version of Deleaker to help me with my projects.
Even in the short time I've been using it, I have found it to be a indispensable tool, previously I was limited to using valgrind on my Linux builds, but now I am able to use Deleaker under windows with a much more friendly interface than I was previously used to.
I was able over the course of a day, to pull out all of the memory leaks I could find in my project, it's now a integral part of my development process, it's made a huge difference to me as a developer and I'm eternally grateful for the license I was kindly gifted.
The developer is super helpful as well, I've passed on a couple of suggestions which hopefully should make there way into the product in the near future.
Well I shall outline the issue I had, I've been developing a an "information board" application using Delphi/FMX the kind of thing you might see at an airport/train station, the board displays information (open orders/shipments) taken from a warehouse management system via my own Apache/REST API solution again developed using Delphi. So has you can see all very simple stuff, nothing fancy at all. Now the problem was the application would run quite happily for 4-5 days or longer then the screen would corrupt, then within an hour or so the application would need to be restarted. Now we also had WiFi/Network issues and a restrictive corporate build to deal with. I could only test on the live server for a couple of hours a day, so it was all becoming a real pain. After checking all the FMX tab transitions stuff finding no errors, my gut feeling was a memory leak, and it was very subtle indeed, 100k here 300k there after setting reportmemleaksonexit to true and using Windows task manager. I checked every resource I used was freed only finding one bitmap and a stringlist not freed but this was all to no avail. Quick Google came back with an article reviewing your tool, it seemed to tick all the boxes, plus the bonus of IDE integration. Within 2 hours your tool had identified the error and the line of code, this proved me to an idiot for not reading up on the FMX stuff, basically I had to change the following is several places.
Due to your amazing tool having a fully working trial, not only was I able to test drive it but I was also able to fix my issue. 2 Days later I purchased the product, I just feel its one of those must have tools you NEED in your toolbox.
You tools has saved me a lot of time and frustration.
The native profiling mode of Deleaker is extremely fast and this has made profiling/fixing memory leaks much faster than with our previous memory profiling tool.
We have purchased a single developer license for me to use here. Both my Boss and I were very pleased with Deleaker. It integrated well into visual studio, found all the issues we had with our code and was fast and, most importantly for us, was very light-weight in terms of effecting the product we are testing. It also gave stack traces that led me directly to the problems.
The plan is for me to run Deleaker once every few weeks or so, and fix all the issues it identifies.
I found Deleaker while searching for good Windows memory leak tools. Deleaker provided me with enough info to find and fix my leaks with minimal effort. I'm very glad I found Deleaker. The VS integration is great; it points me right to the offending allocations. Thanks for making a wonderful tool.
I found Deleaker when looking for a way to find memory leaks when using Visual Studio for C++ development. No other options were as effective and simple as Deleaker was. I was able to pinpoint the exact line where my problem was occurring and fix it quickly. Deleaker is an effective tool that I will now use with all my projects.
I can't remember exactly what I searched for, but I was searching in Google for something like "C++ resource leak detection" and I came across a link to your site. I am developing a little graphical shell for fun using other people's code from CodeProject and some of this code hasn't been properly checked for memory / resource leaks. As the likes of BoundsChecker, Rational PurifyPlus and CodeGlow are way too expensive for a little hobby project as well as not even working in most cases (and too much overkill), Deleaker was the ideal choice.
Also, I should tell you that I originally used the trial version a few weeks ago. I liked its simplicity. I took some good code and purposely introduced a memory leak. I got immediate detection and useful information to easily pinpoint the faulty block. I removed the trial and sampled some other packages. They were more complicated to use, more expensive, and (to my surprise) did not necessarily find the memory leak. When they did, they were difficult to use to locate the cause.
Deleaker helped me find some horrible and non-obvious memory leaks in some legacy code I inherited. I was able to step through the dozens of issues and repair them in a few hours. People had put days into trying and find and fix the leaks in the past without success. I bought your product as it is one of the best leak detection tools I have used.