How to find a memory leak
Deleaker is a tool for Visual C++, .Net and Delphi developers designed to help them find various leak types and memory leaks in the code. For each leak it shows a full stack trace. Whenever possible, it shows the exact source file and line. Numerous options allow for finding leaks quickly and efficiently.
Deleaker can monitor both 32-bit and 64-bit code and supports all versions of Visual Studio beginning with VS 2005, Qt Creator and Delphi / C++ Builder / RAD Studio.
The following leak types are supported:
- Memory: memory blocks allocated by heap functions, virtual memory, OLE memory: BSTR, SAFEARRAY, etc.
- GDI: HBITMAP, HDC, HPEN, etc.
- User32: HICON, HCURSOR, etc.
- Handles: file handles, events, mutexes, etc.
- FileView: views of file mappings.
- ActCtxCookie: cookies of activation contexts.
- Fiber: fibers made by CreateFiber, etc.
- CriticalSection: critical sections (if one has called InitializeCriticalSection but forgotten to call DeleteCriticalSection).
- EnvironmentString: ANSI and UNICODE environment strings.
- FlsSlot: fls slots.
- TlsSlot: tls slots.
- Atom: atoms.